The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
I would like to personally invite you to attend our ECBOA roundtable event on May 23rd at the Palm Beach County School District cafeteria beginning at 6:30 pm.
We found these to be valuable last year, and want to continue them again this year. It gives the Board the opportunity to hear what's on your mind, and it also provides you the opportunity to ask questions in an informal setting.
I hope you will consider attending. Please email me back if you can make it so we can get a solid count.
If you are interested in becoming an official, please check out our Join the ECBOA page. We are making plans now for the 2018/2019 season.
Summer Training and Evals
Check out our new page with all the information you need for Summer Training Opportunities
We are bringing back our summer evaluations program for the 2018 Summer. Right now we have designated ABC camp as one of our locations.
For the 2018-2019 Basketball season the FHSAA as adopted NFHS rule to lengthen the coaches’ box to 28 feet, NFHS rule 1-13-2.
Here is an update on ECBOA happenings and events:
• Join me in congratulating Darin DeCosta who was elected by
the Board of Directors to fill the open Board position. Darin
has been an ECBOA member for 24 years and will be a great
addition. He comes with a wealth of officiating experience and
knowledge, and his administrative experience in education will
serve us well. Congratulations Darin!
• The Board is planning to host an ECBOA roundtable event on
May 23rd at the Palm Beach County School District cafeteria
beginning at 6:30 pm. Depending on the response rate, a
second roundtable event may be scheduled as well. This event
allows the Board to gather feedback and input on various topics,
and also provides a forum for you to ask questions. Please contact me if you are interested in attending.
• ECBOA is again endorsing the ABC Camp this summer, which will be held June 14-17th at Lynn University in Boca Raton. This is one of the few camps that is dedicated to high school officiating and is a true teaching camp. On the last day of camp, ECBOA participants will be given an official evaluation which will count towards their efforts to move up from their current ranking. Please contact Mark DeAtley, John Fouchet or myself for more information.
• A new rule change designating a 28’ coach’s box (vs. 14’) has been approved by the FHSAA and goes into effect this coming season.
• The Board continues to make progress on a new set of By-Laws which we hope to wrap up this summer and present to the membership for approval. It’s a tedious task; however, this key initiative is long overdue and much needed. With our existing By-Laws being nearly 25 years old, it will lay the foundation for our association for the next 20+ years and bring us into the modern era.
Thanks and contact me regarding the roundtable event on May 23rd if you would like to attend.
Joe Erwin, President
2018 End of Year Banquet
44 - 54