The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
On Wednesday, October 23 there will be a training for all new officials at
There will be live play. Bring your running shoes!
Our next general meeting for all officials will be Wednesday, October 30
Palm Beach School District Cafeteria at 7:00.
Registration is now open
Deadline for Early Registration is 10/18/2019
To register for High School Basketball you will need to register with the FHSAA, ECBOA and Arbiterpay.
Register with the FHSAA and ECBOA by clicking on the links here:
Result of Pay Increase Vote
I am pleased to report that the proposal for the $10 increase in the travel fee for the 2019-2020 season passed overwhelmingly with 91% voting in favor of it. Special thanks to Jonathan Pierre for handling the electronic vote for us.
Congratulations and we'll see you at the next General Meeting on September 25th at 7:00 pm at the Palm Beach County School District Cafeteria.
For instructions to register with ArbiterPay, Click Here
The Testing Perios for the FHSAA has begun.
Review the test taking strategies and use the sample tests from previous years. Reports are that this year's test is a little more difficult than previous years.
The testing period will end November 15. But don't wait till the last minute!
Dear Fellow Official,
Here is an update on ECBOA happenings and events:
* We have three General Meetings scheduled for October including October 2nd (School Board), October 16th (John I. Leonard), and October 30th (School Board). The meetings start at 7:00 pm. You need three (3) General Meetings to receive game assignments, and four (4) General Meetings to be eligible for a playoff crew.
* Be sure to check the calendar on our webisite (ECBOA.org) for key dates including testing and registration deadlines.
* Reminder to register for ArbiterPay as game fees for public schools will be paid through ArbiterPary. If anyone needs assistance contact Board member Lance Bradford or Joe Erwin.
* October 16th will be our uniform donation meeting. If you wish to donate referee shirts, pants, shoes, etc., please bring your items to this meeting that will be held at John I Leonard High School in the school gym. This is great way to help fellow officials who may be in need of these items.
* ECBOA-logo jackets will be mandatory for this season. Danny Barkin is taking orders and you can fill out an order form on our website under Members > ECBOA Gear > Jackets. The cost is $47 and must be paid upfront. Danny will be at the October 2nd meeting and will take cash or check.
2019 End of Year Banquet
18 - 29