The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
We are continuing to accept interests in becoming a certified high school basketball official. Our table is set up at major venues throughout the high school season. Please email to our board liaison for recruiting if you have an interest in officiating basketball. We would love to start a conversation with you about how to get you involved.
Elections are Over
Congratulations to the Board Election Winners. These individuals will serve a 2 year term.
President: Joe Erwin
Secretary: Jose Feliberty
Memers at Large: Lance Bradford
Boy's District Games run from the 11th through the 16th of February.
Some of the host schools include:
John I Leonard, Atlantic, Royal Palm Beach, Cardinal Newman, St. Andrews, Lake Worth Christian, Grandview Prep, and Pahokee.
Come out and root for our hard working officials during these
Dear ECBOA Members
Let me begin by thanking everyone who voted in our recent election. We had a record turnout (89%) this year, which is very encouraging and suggests that our members are more engaged than ever. A special thank you goes out to Jonathan Pierre who led our election process for the fifth year in a row. Thank you, Jonathan, for maintaining the integrity of our election system!
Congratulations to Lance (elected Board Member At-Large), Francois (re-elected Board Member At-Large) and Jose (re-elected Secretary), who were elected to their respective positions. To Garrett, Darin, Jim and Dave, thank you for your professionalism and desire to serve on the Board.
I am extremely appreciative and honored to have been re-elected President, and I want to thank my opponent (Jim Marzullo) and those other candidates who took the high road and ran a positive campaign.
It’s certainly normal for an association to have disagreements amongst its members; however, we MUST be respectful of each other in dealing with our disagreements and remember why we officiate basketball in the first place. I heard from several of you, including many new officials, who were concerned with the level of rhetoric during the election, and I certainly share your concern.
As President I vow to address these concerns in a professional manner while upholding the integrity that ECBOA has long been known for. For the sake of our membership, we must do better, and I hope the conclusion of our election will allow us to put aside past issues and move forward in a positive and constructive manner.
In other ECBOA news:
• Girls District tournament play starts this week, and the Boys starts the week of February 11th. Thereafter begins Regional tournament play. The District winner and runner-up each advance to the Regional tournament. Regional winners advance to the State tournament in Lakeland.
• Treasurer Erik Benz has issued the checks for the Holiday Classic of the Palm Beaches. Be on the lookout for these in the next few days. District tournament checks will also come from ECBOA. Each host school is billed by the Association after the District tournaments.
• We continue to have discussions with those schools that are behind in paying our officials. Be sure to fill out a Payment Recovery Form (found on ECBOA.org) if you have not been paid within 14 days of a regular season game. Tournament checks and District checks typically take longer so thank you for your patience with these games.
• We will have an ECBOA “Officials Night Out” this Friday (8th) night at Bru’s Room Sports Grill in Boynton Beach at 1333 N. Congress Avenue starting immediately after Friday night’s games. Come out and enjoy some food and drinks with your fellow officials as we celebrate the end of the regular season and the beginning of the playoffs. These are always fun events and I hope to see you Friday night at Bru’s.
• We will be having our annual ECBOA end-of-season awards banquet again this year at the Lake Worth Golf Club, and the tentative date is Friday March 15th. Stay tuned for more information on this annual event.
2018 End of Year Banquet
44 - 54