The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
The ECBOA is creating avenues for officials who would like to help out fellow official Tony Payne as he recovers. Many officials are donating a game fee but feel free to donate anything you might feel appropriate.
There are two ways to give:
You can utilize the gofundme option
Mail checks to 6131Dania St. Jupiter, FL. 33458
Make checks payable to ECBOA and write Tony's name in the memo line
Thank you for considering Tony and his family during this time
ECBOA has been recruiting new officials in Boca all weekend.
Great job team on the new marketing materials.
The General Meeting for this night has been cancelled.
We will be opening nominations for board positions on this night. Nominations will be made by emailing our election's official. Stay tuned for more details.
Recommendations List Due to Board
Holiday Tournament Information
Below is a brief update on ECBOA happenings and
• Basketball season is now in full swing and we are off to a
good start. The tip-off classics went well, and we received
encouraging feedback from these early games. Let’s continue
the positive momentum as we get into the regular season.
• Our evaluation efforts are also in full swing. ECBOA evaluators
have been out to several game sites in an effort to see as many
officials as possible. Some things to focus on includes: i) our
rotations and switches, ii) court positioning by the Lead, Trail,
and Center, iii) get on the court 15 minutes prior to game time
and check the book at 12 minutes followed by the
coaches/captains meeting, and iv) strong and crisp mechanics.
Remember, we are constantly being evaluated.
• A special Thank You goes out to everyone who helped out with Special Olympics again this year. Yetta indicated that it was very successful and we had enough officials to cover the games. The kids were so excited that they had “real refs” officiating their games. Well done everyone!
• Want to recognize Mark for his efforts in entering all of the games into Arbiter and getting out the early schedules. It requires a significant amount of time and effort. Also, the Assignment Committee (Bernard, Aaron, and Mike Lewis) have done a nice job reviewing the schedules prior to publication. Remember to block your dates in Arbiter so we can cut down on the number of turnbacks.
• We had our first recruiting table at the Boca High School girls tip-off classic. The table skirt looks really good and we plan to have it at other events, including several Holiday tournaments. We need volunteers to man the table, so if you would like to help out please contact Lance Bradford who is spearheading our recruiting efforts.
• Many of you have asked for a listing of the various Holiday tournaments, so we plan to list them on our website ……..ECBOA.org Erik Benz has been updating our website with current dates and other important information. Thanks Erik!
• We will soon be taking nominations for Vice President, Treasurer, and three at-large Board positions for the 2018-2019 season. Elections will be held in February. More information will be posted on the website.
• The December 6th General Meeting at the Palm Beach County School Board has been cancelled. Our next General Meeting is January 10th at 7:00 pm at the School Board. We will vote on the State Recommendation list at that meeting.
• Enjoy the Holiday’s and remember to have fun!
Joe Erwin, President
Rule Changes for the 2017/2018 Season
Changes for the upcoming season are now in. They include:
For a complete description of changes, Click Here
39 - 40