The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
Post Season Recommendations
The recommendations committee has
finalized its list that will be submitted
to the state.
View the list here.
The Votes Are In!
Congratulations to our returning
members and new one.
Vice President Members at Large (Three Seats)
Mike Smith Vince Holmes
Treasurer Alec Ceravolo
Dear Fellow Official,
Here is an update on ECBOA happenings and events:
· ECBOA elections for the three (3) At-Large Board positions will be held February 3rd thru 9th. The candidates are Al Alfieri, Garrett Bell, Alec Ceravolo, Vince Holmes, and Jim Marzullo. Mike Smith and Erik Benz both ran unopposed and will retain their positions as Vice President and Treasurer, respectively. Jonathan Pierre is our election supervisor and will send out the electronic ballot. Please contact Jonathan if you have any issues with voting.
· Our annual ECBOA banquet will be held on Friday March 13th at the Lake Worth Golf Club from 6:30 p.m. til 9:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome to bring one guest and the event is free. We have an excellent menu planned and this is a great way to wrap up the season and enjoy a nice evening.
· The State Recommendation list has been approved and is posted on our website at ECBOA.org Special thanks to Vince Holmes and his committee (Danny Barkin, Aaron Chambliss, Jim Marzullo, Anthony Mancino, and Mark DeAtley) for their work on the Recommendation committee.
· Anyone having pay issues for regular season games please contact Mark DeAtley or Joe Erwin. A few private schools have paid
slow, which we have addressed. Also, if your address has recently changed, please be sure to update it in Arbiter and notify Erik Benz.
· Erik has issued checks for the Holiday Classic of the Palm Beaches Tournament Games and Rising Stars Tournament Games. If you are missing a game fee from either of these tournaments please contact Erik directly. All other tournaments are paying from their own accounts either by check or arbiter pay. If the tournament was hosted by a public school, double check your arbiter pay. If the tournament was hosted by a private school, double check with your partners first to see if they got paid and start your phone calls.
· Girls District tournaments are the week of February 3rd, and Boys Districts is the week of February 10th.
Please be sure to vote when the ballots come out.