The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
Registration is now open
Deadline for Registration is 11/08/2019
To register for High School Basketball you will need to register with the FHSAA, ECBOA and Arbiterpay.
Register with the FHSAA and ECBOA by clicking on the links here:
For instructions to register with ArbiterPay, Click Here
The next meeting is for new officials on Wednesday, November 6 at
John I Leonard at 7:00
(Live court action, Bring your running shoes and a whistle)
Our next general meeting for all officials will be Wednesday, November 13 at
Palm Beach School District Cafeteria at 7:00.
In addition to the increase of $10 to our travel fee, our board has negotiated an increase to our middle school game fees.
Middle school games will now be $45 per game. This represents a near 50% increase.
The state has also approved a $10 increase in post-district games. This will be for all games after the district tournament.
The Testing Perios for the FHSAA has begun.
Review the test taking strategies and use the sample tests from previous years. Reports are that this year's test is a little more difficult than previous years.
The testing period will end November 15. But don't wait till the last minute!
~~Dear Fellow Official,
Here is an update on ECBOA happenings and events:
• Quick reminder of our October 30th General meeting at the School District at 7:00 pm. We will have an FHSAA-approved uniform vendor at the meeting selling shirts, pants, shoes, whistles, etc.
• We are asking everyone to bring their Jessica Lunsford badge to the General meeting on the 30th to show compliance with this registration requirement. If you are not able to attend send a copy to Mark DeAtley.
• Key November dates include:
FHSAA and ECBOA Registration Deadline – November 8th
Girls Tip-Off’s – Week of November 11th
Rules Exam ends – November 15th
Boys Tip-Off’s – Week of November 18th
General Meetings – November 13th and 20th
Be sure to check out our website (ECBOA.org) for other key dates.
• On the pay front, we have some good news to report relating to State Series games for this season. The FHSAA has agreed to raise the game fees for Regional and State games by $10. Regional games will now be $70 + travel; and State games will be $75 + travel. Further, the FHSAA remains committed to raise regular season game fees for the 2020-2021 season; which rates will be released the beginning of December. Stay tuned.
• We are also pleased to report that ECBOA has negotiated a pay increase for middle school games to $45/game ($90 for a double) which will take effect this season. This is a meaningful increase on both a dollar and percentage basis.
• Reminder that the referee on the game is responsible for identify the game administrator for each contest. Any issues with unruly or abusive fans, parents, spectators, etc. should be brought to the attention of the game administrator who is responsible for handling the matter.
• As we start the season be sure to report any facility, equipment, uniform, scoreboard, or administrative issues to Yetta Green, Mark DeAtley, or Joe Erwin so we can in turn discuss it with the school.
• Reminder to register for ArbiterPay, as this is how game fees for public schools will be paid this season. Private schools will continue to pay by check. If anyone needs assistance contact Board member Lance Bradford or Joe Erwin.
• ECBOA-logo jackets are mandatory for this season and an official will be considered out of uniform if they do not have one. The association has a few extras which will be sold on a first come basis.
Have fun and let’s have a great 2019-2020 season.
2019 End of Year Banquet
16 - 29