The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
Thank you to everyone who has given to help Tony Payne out during this difficult time. To date, we have raised close to $1500 for Tony. If you would like to continue to give, please mail checks to Erik Benz and write Tony's name in the memo line.
Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time for The Special Olympics. Here are the list of those who worked S.O. games:
James Borden, Rebecca Bratcher, Paul Cumpton, Joel Duberstein, Jose Feliberty, Robert Fishbein, Robert Garfinkle, Garry Hanasky,
Dorian Hawkins, Jeffrey Kelly, Bob McDonald, Howard Nierenberg, Guillermo Pena, Jeffrey Seltzer, Oklahoma Simms, Brad Staskowski
Well Done Everyone.
ECBOA has been recruiting new officials. Thanks to all who volunteered at our recruiting table during holiday tournaments.
News and Notes
State Recommendation List has been approved by the membership.
Nominations for board elections are closed.
A list of the nominees will be posted soon followed by elections.
Stay Healthy and Drive Safe!
Below is a brief update on ECBOA happenings and
• Let me begin by wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy,
Prosperous and Blessed New Year!
• We wrapped up December with numerous Holiday Classic
tournaments in Palm Beach County, and received positive
feedback from tournament directors, organizers, coaches, and
fans. The games were extremely competitive and there was a
lot of talent on display. Also, it was good seeing many of our
veteran and newer officials participating in half-time and
end-of-game discussion sessions with the game officials
and the evaluators.
• There are numersous Holiday Classics in January as well, including tournaments at Palm Beach Central, Forest Hill, Berean Christian, Park Vista, Suncoast, and Jupiter Christian. Try to get out and see these tournaments and support our fellow officials.
• Recruiting and retention remains a focus for 2018 with Lance Bradford leading our efforts. We set up our recruiting table at three different tournament sites in December and handed out business cards to prospective officials. We plan to do the same thing in January and need volunteers to help out. Please contact Lance if you have an interest in helping.
• Nominations are open for Vice President, Treasurer, and three at-large Board positions for the 2018-2019 season. Jonathan Pierre is our election supervisor, so please contact him if you wish to nominate someone (or self nominate) for any of these positions. Nominations will close at our General Meeting on January 10th (7:00 PM at the School Board), and elections will be held in February.
• The Recommendation Committee comprised of Brian Jones, Phil Napuli, and Hector Roman has been working hard to finalize the State list. Once finished it will be posted on the website and presented at our January 10th General Meeting. Vince Holmes is the non-voting Board liaison to this Committee, and Mark DeAtley is also a non-voting member.
• Happy New Year and remember to have fun!
Joe Erwin, President
Rule Changes for the 2017/2018 Season
Changes for the upcoming season are now in. They include:
For a complete description of changes, Click Here