The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
Updates from the Board
The board has worked very hard this year to update our extremely out-dated bylaws. Ready for membership approval is the document linked here.
(Revised September 8, 2018)
Please review and email any questions or thoughts to Joe Erwin.
The membership will be asked to vote on the new bylaws at one of the first general meetings.
Also, please review the revised Recommendation Guidelines that the board has approved for the 2018/2019 season.
If you are interested in becoming an official, please check out our Join the ECBOA page. We are making plans now for the 2018/2019 season.
Mark your calendar!
The next meeting is for new officials is September 19.
The next regular meeting for all officials is September 26.
Check the calendar for locations and times.
Registration is open.
See you soon!
Basketball Season Starts Soon!
Here is an update on ECBOA happenings and events:
• Are you ready for some basketball? Our first general meeting for ALL officials is September 12th at 7:00 at the Palm Beach County School Board cafeteria. NEW officials meet a week earlier on September 5th at 7:00 pm at the same location. Can’t wait to see everyone and get another season going.
• Our calendar has been updated so be sure to check it out on our website (ecboa.org) and make note of meeting dates, test dates, registration deadlines, and other important dates and deadlines.
• Be sure to register early with both the ECBOA and the FHSAA. To register with ECBOA sign into Arbiter under the East Coast Central Hub. Click the Registration tab and proceed with the registration process. We are keeping our registration fee at $60 this season and you will receive a payment confirmation from Arbiter once registered. (Note: Use Google Chrome to access Arbiter). There will be a $20 late fee after October 15th. It is also important to make sure your Palm Beach County School Board badge has not expired. With heightened security attention at high school events these will need to be checked prior to the season starting.
• As we’ve reported the last few months, the Board of Directors has approved a new set of proposed By-Laws to replace our current set that is quite old. These new By-Laws have been posted to our website for all to review, and they will be presented for a vote by the membership. Please advise in writing of any questions or comments.
• Your Board of Directors has met numerous times over the summer and we believe we have made some significant changes and improvements to many of our programs including training, mentoring, our evaluation process, our recommendation process, and of course a new set of By-Laws. We also remain focused on recruiting and retention as we enter our second year of this important initiative. I would like to recognize my fellow Board members for their hard work and dedication to our Association over the past several months.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks as we get ready to kick of another basketball season.
Joe Erwin, President
2018 End of Year Banquet
44 - 54