The Basketball Official's Association for Palm Beach County
The ECBOA is dedicated to provide quality officiating for high school basketball games in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida in such a way that enforces the rules in a fair and impartial manner while upholding the integrity of the game.
News and Updates
For all of our Palm Beach County Officials working in Broward County:
The State has approved all Broward County Schools to wear a Stoneman Douglas memorial patch for the duration of the 2017-2018 Season as well for the 2018-2019 Season.
We remember and support the families and victims of the Parkland tragedy.
ECBOA has been recruiting new officials. Thanks to all who volunteered at our recruiting table during holiday tournaments.
Congratulations to our New Board Members
Member at Large
Alec Ceravolo, Vince Holmes, Cedric Bennett
Year End Party
March 16th at Lake Worth Golf Club
Here is an update on ECBOA happenings and events:
• The good news keeps coming from the State Finals in Lakeland.
In addition to being awarded 2 State games on the Girls side,
we were also awarded 2 State games on the Boys side.
Our #2 Girls crew (Schwartz, Smith and King) had an exciting
semi-final game which went into OT; and our #1 crew
(Arnette, Barkin and Alin) did a great job on their championship
game. Both crews received positive feedback from the State
and represented ECBOA extremely well. Our #2 Boys crew
(Fouchet, Kaufman and Gulley) have a 8A semi-final game on
Friday, and our #1 Boys crew (DeAtley, DeCosta, and Francois)
have a 4A Finals game on Thursday. Good luck to both crews!
• Reminder of our annual ECBOA Party and Banquet on Friday March 16th from 6:00-9:00 pm at the Lake Worth Golf Club. Each official is encouraged to bring a guest. We will have appetizers, dinner, dessert, drinks, and our annual awards ceremony for Rookie of the Year, Most Improved, and Iron Man. We’ve received confirmation that DJ Vince Holmes will be coming in from South Beach for the evening.
• In addition to honoring Bob Burns at our banquet, we will also be honoring Bob Lively. Both have announced their retirement after many years of officiating. Both have been long time members of ECBOA and have played an important role in our association over the years.
• Treasurer Erik Benz has been working hard to collect money and get us paid for the various District and Regional games. Thanks for your patience on this front.
• We will be seeking to fill the open Board seat in April-May. If you have an interest in serving on the Board please contact me. The position will be filled by a vote of the new Board of Directors.
• Even though we are going into the off-season, remember that we still need to recruit new officials to our Association, and this will continue to be an important initiative next season. Encourage interested officials to check out our website…….ECBOA.org
Thanks and see you March 16th.
Joe Erwin, President
Rule Changes for the 2017/2018 Season
Changes for the upcoming season are now in. They include:
For a complete description of changes, Click Here